You're the type of person who doesn't get excited until you get moving.
You like to be proactive, whether that means working hard or working out.
You can't stand to stay still for too long. There's things to do and people to see.
You are a natural motivator. You are good at convincing others to take action.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
You connect easily to other people. You have found your place in the world.
You feel both intensely alive and totally at peace. You are grateful for this life you've been given.
You are a joy to be around, and people love you for being exactly who you are.
You can be protective and stubborn, especially when it comes to your friends and family.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
When you think about your ideal trip, you know it's not spent inside cramped cities or tour buses.
Nothing makes you feel more relaxed than being outdoors, and you're looking for a spot that's nothing short of paradise.
Whether you're trekking through snow capped mountains or surfing the best waves, you love to stay active.
You love to get away from it all and do a little exploring. The less people around, the better!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
You aren't anti-fashion, but you also don't put too much stock on the latest trends.
You simply want to feel comfortable, and bonus points if you can easily fit in with your look.
You know how to pull off a formal look if you have to... you just rather be in jeans.
Just because you're casual, it doesn't mean you're not stylish. You're always ready to rock a fun accessory or shirt.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
You are a lively, outgoing, and even chatty person. You thrive when you're around others.
You love to play, and you're always looking for new playmates to add to your circle of friends.
You may be lighthearted, but you're also an intellectual. The world fascinates you.
You are both inquisitive and adventurous. You have a lot of questions, and you're willing to travel the world to find their answers.
Your heart soars whenever you have the chance to do something new, and that goes double for Valentine's Day.
You would love excitement and novelty to celebrate this special day. You especially love surprises!
Your ideal Valentine's Day is unconventional, quirky, and not traditionally romantic by any means.
You don't like a lot of pressure on V-Day. You just want to have some fun!
You think gambling is fun, but you would never take it too terribly seriously.
You don't expect too get rich from gambling. You're too realistic for that!
You are very civic and community minded. If you're going to have fun gambling, you want to be giving back at the same time.
You are generous and giving. You love having money best when you're able to help others with it.
My ten favorite quotes, in no particular order:
(and yes, some of these are a little silly)
1) Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it -- Maya Angelou
3) Does Panera Bread have a liquor license? – My Grandma
4) I want to go to there- Tina Fey on 30 Rock
5) From back in my MA nannying days- Z-boy was about 4 years old, a precious little boy with Down Syndrome
Me: Z-boy, how are you feeling?
Me: Really? You feel good? Because in your school notebook it says you are tired and sad...
Z-boy: Thank you for asking, Beth. I’m good. Thank you.
(I think this one is precious to me just because I remember this conversation)
6) Please turn your cell phones off before Mass. The only call accepted here is a call from God and He said He would not call during Mass
7) If we're always looking in the rear view mirror it's hard to keep our eyes on the road ahead- Author Unknown
8) In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back- Charles Schulz
9) Challenges make life interesting, however, overcoming them is what makes life meaningful- Mark Twain
10) The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot- Michael Altshuler
What are some of your favorite quotes?
Saturday, February 12, 2011
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? I am a master procrastinator, but then in the very end (with all the pressure) I can get a lot done!
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? Goodwill? LOL...probably Target
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? In grade school we had to bring our own lunches except for one Friday a month, when we had sloppy joes, cheetos, and punch. It was delicious! Then I moved schools in 5th grade and got free lunch at the public school and LOVED it. I was sad to leave after that year, if for nothing else than the yummy (though I'm sure unhealthy!) school lunches.
5. Is religion a crutch? It can be...especially when people get hung up on the sins people have committed. I'm not sure what happened to "love the sinner, not the sin". We need to go back to that.
6. In your region, what is the “big” high school sport? I'm not really sure but guessing either football or lacrosse.
7. Do you consider yourself rich? Money-wise, not at all. Friends and family wise, yes.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop- it sounds fun, and I already know swing.
10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone? At this point, I feel like it's telling my former boss that I wasn't going back to my school at the beginning of the next school year...but I don't know. I've never had to tell anyone that their family member died or anything, I think that would be the worst.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics. Friends come and go- it has to do with the seasons of life, I suppose.
12. New variation on an old question: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? You know, I don't really have one (right now...)
Thursday, February 10, 2011
You are a multifaceted and complex person. The front you provide is even a bit of an illusion.
You are a study in contradictions and strong contrasts. You believe that there is more than one way to look at things.
You also believe in accepting yourself. You feel different from everyone else, and you embrace that.
You inspire others to be their true selves and even flaunt what they've got!
You've always been naturally glamourous. You don't have to work to be chic.
You have an eye for fashion, style, and even sometimes gadgets... if they're sleek enough.
You aren't superficial. You just enjoy rockin' your own amazing personal look.
You're so in to everything chic that you do end up being a bit of a geek about it!
You are a deeply spiritual and wise person. Your still waters run deep.
You are very perceptive and intuitive. You often see what others are missing.
You are both responsible and fearless. You won't be deterred from your destiny.
You do what needs to be done, especially when others are afraid to do it.
You are a good humored and straightforward person. You are sweet, but you don't sugar coat anything.
You see things how they are, and luckily, things are pretty great.
You are both optimistic and philosophical about life. You can process bad news well.
You are good at comforting yourself and knowing what you need. And you have the strength to provide great comfort to others.
You are a truly courageous person. You believe in yourself and the people around you.
You are a positive thinker and a true optimist. You expect the best from the world.
You are independent yet interdependent. You do your own thing, but you're always thinking of the community around you.
You are warm-hearted, witty, and even irreverent. You think it's a shame to take anything too seriously.