You Are 55% Likely to Survive Another Great Depression
Even though you may not be expecting the worst, you're the type of person who prepares for the worst.
You live a relatively modest life. You don't overspend, and you aren't very materialistic.
You are also quite self sufficient and independent. You have many useful skills.
You can take care of yourself and those you love... which is crucial to surviving another Great Depression.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
You Are a Discount Shopper
You love to get things as cheaply as possible. You live for sales.
It's partially because you like to save money, but it's also because you like the thrill of finding a fabulous deal.
Of all the types, you tend to shop frequently but rarely by. You keep an eye on prices.
Brand names are not that important to you. You know how to have style without collecting designer tags.
What Your Thanksgiving Meal Says About You
When it comes to the holidays, you follow and love the big traditions. You look forward to them every year.
You see the holidays as a time to think about what's important to you. It's a good time to reflect and regroup.
You like the aspects of the holiday that remind you of your childhood - opening presents, treats, and old favorite foods.
During the holidays, you are likely to feel generous. At your worst, you feel exhausted.
You consider yourself a real red blooded American, and you're proud of it.
You tend to spend your holidays doing everything and anything. You really get into the holiday spirit.
You Are a Pilgrim
Like the pilgrims, you've felt persecuted for your beliefs from time to time.
You have a strong sense of right and wrong. Your morality sometimes makes you feel out of step with the modern world.
You may not go as far as moving across the world, but you still identify with the pilgrims.
Well, except for the whole stealing land and killing Indians thing.
Monday, November 17, 2008
What Your Height Says About You
You are a sensitive, emotional, and even shy person.
You are a romantic in the truest sense. You see people as you wish they were.
You tend to be a very perceptive person. You are good at getting to the heart of the matter.
You tend to be quite pensive and reflective. You think everything out carefully.
You are about as tall as the average German woman.
Friday, November 7, 2008
2. What is a blog that you would recommend for us to read and why? Hmmm... Confessions of a CF Husband. It's an inspiring read- I love their family and haven't ever met them!
3. What is the biggest surprise you ever have had and was it a good one? I have no idea
4. What is your favorite quote? (We know we've asked this recently. But there is always another great quote! :) Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it -- Maya Angelou
5. Have you ever been hospitalized for a major health situation? Nope- just my broken wrist and wisdom teeth removal
6. Do you prefer long hair or short hair for yourself? I love having long hair to braid and do things with, but shorter hair looks better. Can you say indecisive?
7. What was your favorite amusement park ride growing up? The Tilt-A-Whirl
8. How long do you talk on your phone on a typical day? Probably less than 5 minutes
9. Other than Saturday 9, what is your favorite meme to do each week? Thursday Thirteen
From whom (or to whom) was your most recent middle-of-the-night phone call? Some unknown idiot called me at 3:34 the other morning. I have no idea who it was but I was not happy!
On what social, political, economic, or moral issue are you in the middle of the road? I am so far gone in politics lately I don't even know!
How likely are you to give someone your middle finger Very unlikely!
When were you last caught in the middle of a disagreement that really had nothing to do with you? Yesterday when a little boy supposedly hit a little girl @ school w/ his hat but he insisted it was not him who hit her...
You Are a Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin
You are smart, sophisticated, and savvy.
You love taking risks, and you are the first to know about new trends.
You are curious about the world and tend to have many interests.
You also are very talented. It sometimes seems like you are good at everything.
You are very social and inclusive. You'll be friends with anyone.
Even though you're very cultured, you're not a snob.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
1. Do you have a job? If so, what do you do? Yes, I teach in Extended Care in a Montessori school (lunchers, nappers, afternoon/evening care)
2. If you don't have a job, is it related to this crappy economy? What's next for you? N/A
3. Do you see any upsides to quitting a job or being laid off? If so, what are they? If not, why not? Sometimes, it can be a GREAT starting over point! Speaking from experience here ;)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
You Should Live in a Purple State
Your preferences are 45% Blue, 55% Red
You may not be a swing voter, but you feel comfortable around moderate people.
You tend to do best in states with a red and blue mix - like Nevada and North Carolina.
You are adaptable. You can converse with a church crowd as easily as with grad students.